December 09, 2011

Nail Love: Glam as Gold

Under: Sephora Curve-aceous
Over: Revlon 121 Frostiest Pink
Over: Anna Sui 709

This week my inspirations are the rich reds and golds decorating the city in pretty ornaments and glittering lights. I think red and gold is such an elegant colour combination, bold and festive, love it!

Curve-aceous is a beautiful "opaque metallic cool candy apple", it has a great sheen to it, reminds me of the red twirl on the side of the candy cane :) I used the Frostiest Pink under the Anna Sui 709 because I wanted to add more of a beige undertone to the gold as the 709 is a light yellow-gold and I wanted a richer gold to go with the rich red underneath.

Inspiration from Pinterest














These wonderful images are from Pinterest

What do you think? Aren't these pictures glamorous? I love that one with Elizabeth Taylor, she is absolutely gorgeous in that gold dress and the cute Christmas-y decoration.

I hope you guys liked this week's Nail Love. I've been feeling so festive and Christmas-y and I love it! And of course, helping me get into this wonderful mood is the wonderful Christmas music! My good friend Sara burned me a CD back when we were in school of this Korean girl group called Big Mama. It's their Christmas album and I listen to it every year. If you like jazzy rhythms, beautiful voices and wonderful harmonies, they are definitely the music to listen to ♥


I hope everyone is having a wonderful December so far!

p.s. Check out my mention on cute blogger friend Emily's awesome make-up blog Make-Up By Emily! She does gorgeous make-up looks and product reviews, check it out ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by :) I'd love to hear what you think!

Follow me on bloglovin' ♥